Just in time for Dreamforce ’18, we’re announcing a bevy of features and improvements that redefine the collaboration suite. Today in Quip you’ll see faster navigation, powerful integrations with Salesforce, Box, and Dropbox, and our latest and greatest feature: Quip Slides.
Quip Slides: A new way for teams to move work forward
Quip Slides are designed to help your team create collaborative, interactive presentations that start conversations and drive decisions.
- Real-time collaboration – Real teams work in real time, and so does Quip Slides. Use built-in chat, co-editing, and commenting to create version-free slides together, faster.
- Live Charts – Interactive charts connect to real-time data in Quip Spreadsheets. You can even connect charts to spreadsheets backed by Salesforce Reports. No more copying and pasting for every weekly meeting!
- Live Data – Embed live data from Salesforce and third-party systems through Live Apps. Keep your slides up to date with real-time data easily and automatically.
- Feedback Prompts – Add questions, polls, and comment prompts in your slides to engage your audience. Get feedback, and drive decisions faster.
- Engagement Insights – See which stakeholders have viewed your presentation, and which slides have the most (or least) engagement. And soon, you'll be able to use suggestions from Einstein to decide who to follow up with.
New Live Apps from Box and Dropbox
Now there are even more third-party Live Apps for Quip available, allowing teams to embed advanced functionality and dynamic data into any document, slide, or spreadsheet.
- Box Files Viewer Live App – Embed Box files and folders directly into Quip documents to accelerate collaboration. Manage, access, and preview key files embedded directly within your team's project documents.
- Dropbox Live App – Now users and teams can insert a Dropbox folder directly within Quip to better stay in flow. With Dropbox for Quip, users and teams can navigate through folders and subfolders, in order to easily view, open and download any of the files inside Dropbox.
More powerful integrations with Salesforce
The Salesforce Record Live App means you can pull live Salesforce data directly into your Quip documents. Your whole team will see the most up-to-date data, at any time, from any device. Even better, you can update back to Salesforce right from your Quip doc. That makes it easier than ever to combine your Salesforce data with your collaborative, custom workflows in Quip. And yes—as of today, this Live App includes out-of-the-box support for custom objects and fields.
At Dreamforce, we'll also be launching an exciting sneak preview of editing Quip documents directly within Salesforce. That means everything you love about Quip—including live, collaborative editing—can happen right inside Salesforce as a Lightning component. Your team will be able to work seamlessly in Quip without leaving Salesforce, unlocking a whole new level of making decisions, sharing information, and moving faster. This integration will be released early next year.
Faster navigation, improved search and tasks, and more
With all these new additions to Quip, teams will be doing more work, faster, than ever before. So we're introducing a new design, with new powerful features, to help you stay in the zone.
- Tabs on desktop – One of our most-requested features ever. Our desktop app for Mac now includes tabs, just like your favorite browser.
- Advanced search – More intelligent and powerful search, making it possible to find documents by creator, when you opened them, who worked on them, and more.
- Tasks drawer – See every checklist item that's assigned to you anywhere in Quip, in a single place. Prioritize, pin, and incorporate your personal to-dos.
- New sidebar and menus – Now menus in Quip are more intuitive and advanced, bringing instant familiarity to the work you're doing.
- Admin console – Quip for admins is rejuvenated with a streamlined navigation, and fresh new Salesforce-inspired design.
For a deeper dive into Quip's new look and feel, check out this blog post.
Get more done with the new Quip today
Quip is empowering teams to work together and make decisions faster than ever before. By combining traditional yet sophisticated collaboration tools–like documents and spreadsheets—with slides, chat, live data from Salesforce, and third-party integrations, Quip enables teams to create and deliver work together, faster.
Don't have a Quip site yet? That's easy to fix—start a free trial today.